Accounts Payable Specialist
Spokane Hardware Supply, Inc. serves the wholesale and retail hardware markets as well as Architectural Hardware Division 8 projects. Headquartered in Spokane, WA, we focus on providing our customers with the highest quality products, giving our vendors the respect and effort they deserve while providing our employees with opportunities to be challenged and grow. A 4th generation family-owned business, we are looking for an individual who wants to be empowered to grow their career.
FUNCTION: The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for ensuring all vendor invoices are processed accurately and payments completed in a timely manner.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL Accounts Payable Specialist: Accurate and detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, critical thinker and problem solver
REPORTS TO: Controller
WORKS REGULARLY WITH: Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Specialist, Billing Specialist, HR Assistant (filing), Sales, Purchasing
This is a full-time non-exempt position that works a standard work week of Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm PT.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes but are not limited to the following:
- Perform accounts payable functions on a daily basis, including:
- Prepare bi-weekly payments by controller prior to all cut-off dates.
- Record vendor invoices, credit memos, and adjustments into the accounting system.
- Manage invoice printing application and communicate with IT personnel.
- Resolve costing discrepancies between vendor invoices and sales orders.
- Monitor discount opportunities and freight/sales tax discrepancies.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Communicate with vendors about past due payables by phone and email.
- Monitor and resolve discrepancies on AP Aging, outstanding checks, and unpaid PO reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- 2 years of previous Accounts Payable experience.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly to complete tasks within time constraints.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Associates degree
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Detail and results-oriented.
- Able to quickly build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Experienced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- PC and software proficiency for data entry, including ten key speed of 8,000+ KPH.
- Perform mathematical functions in the course of account maintenance and customer support.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Opportunity for salary increase during annual performance reviews
WE BELIEVE IN WORK LIFE BALANCE:
- Vacation Time: Employees will be frontloaded a prorated amount of vacation time after just 90 days with the company. Once an employee reaches their first January 1st with the company, they will be frontloaded 5 days of vacation time to use throughout the year.
- Plus 9 Paid Holidays!
- Sick/ Personal Time: Employees will be frontloaded a prorated amount of sick/personal time after just 90 days with the company. Once an employee reaches their first January 1st with the company, they will be frontloaded 52 hours of sick/personal time to use throughout the year.
- Volunteer PTO: Employees will receive 16 hours a year of PTO to volunteer for a non-profit company.
- Flextime Options.
- Medical, Dental and Vision: Available the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Retirement: We offer an impressive 401(k) with a 25% corporate match available the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Life Insurance: Company paid coverage that starts the first of the month after 60 days of employment.
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Friends and Family Discount