Outside Sales Representative- Eastern Washington
Spokane Hardware Supply, Inc. serves the wholesale and retail hardware markets as well as Architectural Hardware Division 8 projects. Headquartered in Spokane, WA, we focus on providing our customers with the highest quality products, giving our vendors the respect and effort, they deserve while providing our employees with opportunities to be challenged and grow. A 4th generation family-owned business, we are looking for an individual who wants to be empowered to grow their career.
The outside sales representative employs product and industry knowledge, superior customer service and strong communication skills to explore potential leads, develop and manage existing accounts, and provide a competitive advantage for Spokane Hardware Supply, Inc. customers as part of their overall business success.
This position is non-exempt
Description of Territory
The outside sales representative will serve Eastern Washington area. Overnight Travel will be required
The territory serves customers in the construction, design, millwork and cabinetry industries in various capacities. This customer base includes large production and custom build cabinet shops, lumber yards, interior designers, general contractors, and residential construction firms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management, marketing and other company departments to develop and implement strategic sales objectives and product promotions
- Provide feedback to management team on industry, product, economic and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall business
- Determine correct merchandise to fulfill the customer’s needs and the knowledge to suggest alternative/ additional items related to the customer order
- Effectively manage the relationship with customers via
-regular and frequent site visits
-generating quotes, sales orders, and issuing credits as needed
-developing and exploring new leads
-leveraging the competitive advantages available through Spokane Hardware Supply, Inc
- Keep informed of new products, market trends and best practices in the hardware and building industry
- Demonstrate flexibility and efficiency in time management to assist customers as needed
- Travel as needed to complete site visits with existing and potential customers. Overnight Travel will be required
- Maintain a professional company image at all times
- Create content using videos and other marketing tools to achieve sales goals
- Ability to plan and adhere to a sales route consistently
- Daily coordination with Inside Sales to process customer orders
- Attend trade shows and customer events outside of normal business hours as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
- 4-5 years outside sales experience highly recommended
- High School Diploma or GED required
- BA/BS Degree with concentration in marketing/business administration preferred
- 2+ years of experience in the building, millwork or related industries
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds or more regularly
- Ability to work standing and walking throughout the workday
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of vendors and product lines and proper application of products
- PC and keyboard competencies for use in order generation, sales reporting and communication with customers and vendors
- Perform basic mathematical functions in the course of sales and customer support
- Ability to clearly read and understand warehouse location codes and part numbers
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills including use of smart phones for texting and email communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of CRM software
- Ability to conduct sales presentations
- Ability to work independently & unsupervised in the field
- Salary: DOE
- Benefits Package:
- Weekends off! Great work/life balance.
- Paid holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- PTO in accordance with Washington's sick leave policy.
- Medical, dental, optional vision insurance, life insurance, and 401(k) with 25% corporate match the first of the month after 60 days.
- Vacation time and sick/personal time after 90 days.
- Continuing Education Opportunities