Handles all sales and customer interactions in a professional manner by providing prompt and thorough services as part of the internet department to achieve successful sales and customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits a positive, insightful, and friendly attitude with customers that is sensitive to their needs and expectations
- Determine correct merchandise to fulfill the customer’s needs and the knowledge to suggest alternative/additional items related to the customer’s order.
- Process sales orders, generate purchase orders and issue credits for internet customers
- Initiating the return process for online orders via email or telephone
- Keep informed of new product information and market trends in the hardware industry
- Assist and resolve customer complaints and concerns
- Follow up on outstanding orders and bring them to the attention of the relevant manager or department
- Process customer invoices as needed including credit card and Paypal payment methods
- Clear factory invoices and properly assign freight charges to customer orders
- Clearly and effectively communicate with vendors via telephone and email regarding backorder fulfillment, large orders and quotes, shipping logistics, customer returns, and other concerns
- Clearly and effectively communicate with customers via telephone and email regarding general inquiries, bid requests, order fulfillment, stock levels, technical specifications, and shipping logistics
- Additional tasks that support internet sales at the discretion of the Management Team
- High School diploma or General Education Degree
- A minimum of one year of experience in sales, internet sales preferred
- A minimum of one year in the hardware, construction, sales, distribution or millwork industry
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds or more regularly
- Ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer for 8 hours each day
- PC and software proficiency for data entry and utilization of sales programs
- Product and application knowledge, including the ability to read and comprehend manufacturer specifications
- Perform basic mathematical functions in the course of sales and customer support
- Benefits Package:
- Weekends off! Great work/life balance.
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- PTO in accordance with Washington’s sick leave policy.
- Medical, dental, optional vision insurance, and 401(k) with 25% corporate match the first of the month after 60 days.
- Vacation time available after 90 days of employment.