Duties and Responsibilities
- Exhibits positive, insightful and friendly attitude with customers that is sensitive to their needs and expectations
- Determine customer’s needs, utilize knowledge to suggest alternative/additional items related to the customer’s order
- Process sales orders, generate purchase orders, and issue credits for customers
- Assist and resolve customer complaints and concerns
- Follow up on outstanding orders and bring to the attention of relevant manager or department
- Clear factory invoices and properly assign freight charges to customer orders
- Clearly and effectively communicate with vendors via telephone and email regarding back order fulfillment, large orders and quotes, shipping logistics, customer returns, and other concerns
- Clearly and effectively communicate with customers via telephone and email regarding general inquiries, bid requests, order fulfillment, stock levels, technical specifications and shipping logistics
- Additional tasks that support hardware sales at the discretion of the Management Team
- Provide backup support for counter sales as needed
- College Degree, Preferred Construction Management
(High school Diploma and or more of the following)
- A minimum of one year experience in sales
- A minimum of one year in the hardware, construction, or distribution industries
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds or more occasionally
- Ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer for 8 hours each day
- PC and software proficiency for data entry and utilization of sales programs
- Product and application knowledge, including the ability to read and comprehend manufacturer specifications
- Perform basic mathematical functions in the course of sales and customer support
- Familiarity with construction methods and practices
- Read a tape measure efficiently
- Benefits Package:
- Weekends off! Great work/life balance.
- Paid holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas).
- PTO in accordance with Washington’s sick leave policy.
- Medical, dental, optional vision insurance, and 401(k) with 25% corporate match the first of the month after 60 days.
- Vacation time after 90 days.